Dear PRTC Customer,
On behalf of PRTC, I am reaching out to assure you that the safety and well-being of our customers and our employees remain our highest priority, along with the responsibility to keep you connected.
The safety of our customers and employees is always our top priority. We have implemented the following practices:
Precautions we’ve taken to help keep our employees healthy:
- Currently, we have no confirmed cases of COVID-19 among our workforce.
- We have canceled all domestic business travel.
- We are practicing social distancing. All meetings with outside vendors and business partners or that involve large groups have been canceled or are now conducted remotely as conference calls or video conferences.
- We have distributed hundreds of bottles of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes to our employees and have begun regularly disinfecting and deep cleaning our offices.
- Before any employee will be dispatched to a customer’s home for a service call, we will ask the customer a series of questions to determine the risk of exposure to our employee. If any risk exists, the service call will be rescheduled if possible. If the service call is an emergency, special precautions must be taken by our employee and our customers before a visit can be made.
- Internal communications have been created to keep our employees updated on the latest news of the virus, keep them informed on how to prevent the spread of the illness and answer their questions.
- We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of washing their hands and staying home if they feel sick.
As an additional step to ensure the safety of our customers and employees, we ask our customers not to come in our retail location if they feel ill. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is for the safety of everyone.
In preparation for the schools closing, PRTC will provide a free Wi-Fi hotspot in downtown Walterboro. This hotspot will enable students that do not otherwise have access to a broadband connection to complete schoolwork in an outdoor environment or from the safety of their family vehicles.
In order to support e-learning for students while they are home during this state of emergency, we have implemented the following promotion:
- Customers that have a student (K-12 or College) in the home and do not have internet service, PRTC will provide FREE installation and FREE sixty or ninety days of service, depending on the customers’ long-term needs.
- PRTC will offer a FREE ninety-day internet upgrade for existing customers that have a student (K-12 or College) in the home or work-from-home and need to upgrade their broadband service.
Also, I want to remind our customers of the various methods we have in place to interact with us online and over the phone. All customers have access to their accounts through the customer portal at /e-bill, where you can review your account information and make online payments. You can also reach our Customer Service team at 843-538-2020-Walterboro or 843-931-1212-St George; we are always happy to assist. Additionally, you can contact our 24/7 Technical Support line at 866-330-4630 to help resolve technical issues you may be experiencing. For questions regarding this message please contact Dewey Ford, Marketing Manager, at 843-538-9090.
Thank you for remaining a loyal customer. We will keep you updated through email and social media of any changes during this fluid situation and look forward to continuing to meet your connectivity needs.
Jason J. Dandridge